Progress on the dirt tracker has been a little slow of late, due to impending actual work and the harder parts of the bike to get done. But never fear there has been progress.
One of the better bits to tick off the list is the accelerator cable and the throttle. As you can see from the photo I used a V-Brake noodle and welded it to the existing barrel adjuster on the throttle. You might also notice the button head bolts I have for the brake lever clamp.
You might remember this part from an earlier post, I added a hole lot of Swiss cheese looking speed holes to the drive sprocket cover. I like the new look.
The frame needed some loop-tail action so I found all the old BMX handlebars I could carry from downstairs and chose this DK set as the best match for a loop on the Dirt Tracker frame. The end result looks much better after I attacked it with a grinding wheel, sandpaper, files, and spray-paint.
Drum Brake Bar
And get a load of this, after about 45min Christchurch legend and all round bad ass Chris had these parts computer generated and ready to be laser cut from stainless steel. Fucking icing on the cake you might say. HELL YEAH.
And this is how she’s looking as of the 9/10/2011, I need to get hustling on the finishing bits, it’s close. Thanks to all who helped this week, Dad, Sid, Chris, Paul B, “Chopper Paul”, you guys rule.